Monday-Friday, 8:30 AM - 5 PM - Phone (207) 725-8797

Community Calendar

Share Your Event
January 31, 2023 < BACK
January Chamber After Hours & Annual Meeting of the Membership 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM The Brunswick Hotel, 4 Noble Street , Brunswick


Chamber After Hours & Annual Meeting of the Membership

January 31st, 5:00pm - 7:00pm
Annual Meeting of the Membership to start at 6PM sharp

Location: The Brunswick Hotel, 4 Noble Street, Brunswick (in the Robinson Room)

We are ridiculously excited to see all your faces on Tuesday, January 31 from 5pm to 7pm at The Brunswick Hotel to talk about the year to come, hear how you’re doing and just catch up.  With so much Zooming it is truly nice to have some of these face-to-face events and the venue couldn’t be more ideal for the 60-100 attendees we are excepting.  Also, that night will be the last time we will be accepting award nominations for the Awards Dinner in March so don’t; miss that at registration. 

The Robinson Room is a large event space with plenty of room to mingle, and we hope you will join us to do just that.  Scott, Nancy and the entire crew at The Brunswick Hotel have made this date open for us, during what is already a very busy week for them (as they have the 11th Annual Ice Bar that weekend on Feb. 3-4). 

This is a special After Hours too because at 6PM, after the host welcome message, we will open the bylaw-mandated Annual Meeting of the Membership where we introduce the 2023 Board of Directors and Officers for a vote, and then we will vote on some Bylaw Changes.  Once that is complete, we’ll adjourn the meeting, open the floor for some member updates, and get right back to mingling and networking. 

If you’re a member who wants to learn more about the proposed bylaw changes, we would suggest reading the special Constant Contact we sent out on January 17 for the members to review.  It is 75% typo and grammatical changes (mostly involving the new chamber name, clarifying titles of officers (President instead of Chairperson), and pronoun additions (adding some ‘she’ and ‘they’ words to all of the ‘he’ and ‘him’ language)).  The other 25% of changes are more significant but essentially will help our chamber run more smoothly and efficiently and updating some processes to 2023.  This is the first overhaul of the bylaws in over a decade so there were several dated procedures to update. 

Anyway, we look forward to seeing you in person and re-connecting after the holidays with so many friends and local business leaders.  Please join us if you can, and as always bring a friend (even non-members) who you think would like to connect with other business leaders. 

Lastly, as with all After Hours held at businesses with liquor licenses it is illegal for them to give away alcohol, so it is a Cash Bar (cards accepted) and the food spread looks to be wonderful and is complimentary.

Come out and say hi- we’d love to see you.

 

Download iCal

<< January 2023 >>
SMTWTFS
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31 1 2 3 4
Linkedin Facebook   8 Venture Ave. Brunswick, ME 04011
 
Linkedin Facebook
Website by Aptuitiv | Powered by BranchCMS